So these are staples in our house all year round. I didn’t come up with the idea and if you google it you will come up with a ton of recipes ideas for them! But here are the basics:
- Gather a few small mason jars, baby food jars or other glass containers you have around (with lids).
- Line ’em up.
- Count your jars.
- Take a big bowl and for each jar add in:
- About 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-2 tbs of chia seeds
- 2/3 a cup or so of whatever liquid – I generally use almond milk that we make, but you could use any milk you fancy.
- Honey or Maple Syrup to taste (about 1 tsp per jar is generally plenty)
- Whatever else you want to flavour it. Our faves are Vanilla, Cinnamon and Maple ~ Apple chunks and Cinnamon – Banana Nutmeg Cinnamon – Banana, Coconut, Cacao ~ Strawberry or other fruits ~ Cinnamon and Raisins.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Spoon into the jars.
- Put on the lids
- Put in the fridge.
- Eat Them. Seriously this step is actually the most important one.
- They will last 3-5 days in the fridge no problem. Or at least they do in mine!
Ok so I actually add everything into the jars and mix them in the jars buts thats because there are less dishes that way. I’m not sure it’s actually easier to be honest, but in my head it is. 🙂
There is plenty of protein and fat in these tasty babies, they are grab and go and you will be full for hours.
Eat Breakfast. Seriously. Do it.
Change your plate. Change your life. Change the world.